Screen sharing is a great way to enhance your meetings and make sure everyone is on the same page. 1 To start, hover over the Share button in the bottom toolbar, then select Share screen. 2 You will then be prompted to choose what you want to share: Your Entire Screen, an Application Window, or a single Browser Tab: 3 Make your selection, click the “Share” button, and you’ll be sharing:
Start Breakout Groups
- Hover over the ‘People’ button to start your breakout groups.
- The main room can hold up to a maximum of 100 people, or 200 on our Business plan. You can split these people into a maximum of 20 groups and you can even change the group names for a personal touch.
- Drag and drop participants to assign groups or shuffle everyone to save time and encourage cross team collaboration.
- When you’re ready, select “Start breakout session”
- Drag and drop participants’ names to assign them to a group.
- Or, select “Assign all” to have Whereby do the work for you. You can press “Shuffle” to re-assign the groups until you’re happy with the allocation.
- Leave your participants in the unassigned section to allow them the freedom of choice.
Communicating with Participants
When leading group sessions, it can be helpful to communicate with everyone at once to remind them of topics, encourage discussion, or bring them back to the main room. You can broadcast to all groups via chat or by getting on stage. Messages sent within a breakout group will only be seen by the people in that group.
- Check the “Broadcast to all groups” box in the chat to send everyone a written message.
- Select “Go on stage” to communicate with everyone via audio.
- Once you’re “on stage”, all the groups will be able to hear you, but you won’t hear them unless they leave their groups to talk to you. You can get “off stage” to stop broadcasting to all groups.